Friday, April 19, 2013

Random Grab Bag 04/19/13

 So first off, what is Random Grab Bag? Mostly what ever I feel like covering of what I've read, seen or just about anything else that lands on my desk for the week. Mostly though I have a feeling this will be a handful of comics that I want to talk about, what ever my pulls for the week were. So this week we have Daredevil 25, Green Lantern New Guardians 19, and Justice League 19.

Yay...



Let us begin with possibly the highlight of the week, or at least of what I'll be talking about. Daredevil. It's in the top five books I'm reading. We're reaching the end of a very long arc of who is messing with Matt Murdock's head. And we encounter a new villian who is Daredevil, essentially, but a bit Japanese, and a special twist. It's a great book, and it's hard to talk about without too many spoilers, and you should just go buy it. Now.


Green Lantern, possibly my favorite mainstream DC hero. (All of them, Kyle, Guy, John, Hal, even Baz.) But the problem with Green Lantern is their constant events. CONSTANT. For nearly the past year it's been "Rise of the Third Army" now "Wrath of the First Lantern". I don't want to buy Red Lanterns, and these cross overs won't make me buy them. So stop trying to make me buy them DC. But back on point. Another book that's hard to talk about singularly. It's tied to context of everything else. But if you're getting G.L. buy New Guardians. It's a good book, and it in general explores the light spectrum more than anywhere else. 


Justice League is quickly becoming my secret shame. Between Throne of Atlantis, the odd and pointless continuity hiccups, and the fact that I'm quickly realizing the Geoff Johns doesn't really care about the rest of DC continuity. BUT, Justice League is the one book I collect. The other is Spider-Man. So I'm kind of stuck with this. (let's be honest, I'd have to wait years for these books to find their way to dollar bins...cheaper now.) 

And what happens this book? Well, did you see Justice League Doom? Read Justice League's Tower of Babel?  Well, guess what this is? It feels like those...all over...again...and that cover is a total lie.


Other books I grabbed that I won't talk about, at least not yet, for various reasons. Doctor Who: Prisoners in Time #4, Superior Spider-Man #8, and Daredevil End of Days #7. Why you might ask? Well I don't know how I want to talk about them yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment